15.24 x 22.86 cm (6 x 9 in)
Saddle stitch binding with inside cover lamination for better cover retention.
Click here to download Teaching Tips
Mis palabras - student handbookClick here to see inside the complete book
- Elementary Spanish
- Builds conversation fluency, writing fluency, vocabulary, and spelling
- Space provided on cover for self-portrait or other art
¡Hola y bienvenido!
Mis palabras is designed for immediate student success, independence, and collaboration. Learners begin with basic phrases at the front of the book and build their understanding with logically organized layers of helpful vocabulary and usage as they turn each page. Mis palabras provides a well-ordered sequence of lessons for the teacher, too. You can also download the accompanying, free Teaching Tips at mywordbooks.com.
Start with simple phrases for a friendly conversation: “Hola. Mi nombre es Anita. ¿Cuál es tu nombre?” Students can chat with each other right away! Turn the page and find words for parts of the face and the body, plus a sample sentence so that students can now say or write: “Esta es la mano,” and so on.
Subsequent, thematic pages build upon this foundation, offering high-frequency vocabulary and sample sentences for clothing, family, colours (with circles to colour), and pronouns. Keep turning the pages for verbs, numbers, time, food, animals — all the way to more sophisticated concepts, such as punctuation, capitalization, and prepositions.
Many words appear in Spanish only. To encourage student understanding and independence, some English explanations and translations are provided. Each page includes space for the learner to add new words, translations, plurals, or other helpful information. At the back, students will find a generous section of words listed alphabetically, with plenty of room to add more.
An experienced Canadian teacher designed Mis palabras to inspire students’ confidence and excitement about Spanish from their very first lesson, and to keep their personalized book from one grade to the next. Mis palabras also supports all teachers, including those who are not Spanish specialists or are new to teaching Spanish. With a class set of Mis palabras and the Teaching Tips online, you and your students are ready to speak and write in Spanish!
- alphabetical lists of common words that students need over and over again, such as “un cuadrado” (square) and “un libro” (book)
- illustrated word lists for clothing and parts of the body
- exciting vocabulary that students want, such as “un dinosaurio” and “un planeta”
- spaces for students to add new words
- a detailed pronunciation guide
- basic punctuation and capitalization
- thematic word lists, such as family, numbers, colours, time, days of the week, months, seasons, weather, animals, food, sports and fitness, shapes, opposites, prepositions, and common features of the classroom and the home.
- up-to-date spelling and use, with consideration for terms and pronunciation that differ from one country to another